So the super hero guinea pig has apparently been easy to guess, which I am very happy with as I had been worried it might just look like a fat mouse.
The other teachers became each a flower or a butterfly, either on a hairpin or as a brooch.
They have all been very much appreciated.
After all those tiny knits lately, I am now looking for a bigger project but I am unsure what that should be, but I will only use yarn from my stash. Promised.
Other than that, I am trying to focus more on sewing lately and I can proudly present a finished dress… if you remember in one of my mistakes posts I was talking about a wrongly cut dress. Well, I am still planning on repairing that one soon but in the meantime I finished the second attempt and after a lot of altering the initial pattern which seems to be made for people with unusually large backs (or do I have an unusually narrow one?), here it is, just in time for the week of British summer 🙂 :
I am extremely pleased with it, but then I already knew nothing could go wrong with that fabric when I stumbled over it in one of the fabric shops in Shepherds Bush in West London…
Ok, a lot of things went wrong along the way but I finally made it (with lots of brilliant input from my lovely sewing teacher Esther).
Two people said, it reminded them of Mary Quant (who I had not known before that as a not-really-fashionista). Fine by me (now that I googled her) 🙂
I will still try to fix the discoloured and wrongly cut first attempt and it will be really interesting to see both next to each other. I wonder which one I will like best…