As I was still busy with the yoga bags this week, I have only been working on my scrap skirt in the Sewing Club on Friday and a little bit afterwards at home. So far, not so good.
I have to say, it seems to be turning out a little bit different from what I would have wanted. The godets might be too small. And too short. Especially as I haven’t even done the hem yet.
I think I pictured something more A-liny in total but with the godets showing a bit. And I should have done 6 panels instead of 8. I planned 8 as initially I wanted the corduroy lines in the bias, so they meet at the seam and do a bit of a zig zag. But I did not have quite enough fabric to do that and it is such a fine corduroy that it would not have shown anyway. So I cut it straight. And now that central seam looks a bit silly.
Would have been good to make a calico version of this new design. Never mind. I am sure it will not look too bad, just not as I wanted. And I have definitely learned something.
On a brighter note: Don’t forget the yoga bag give away. If you don’t do yoga, don’t worry. The bag doesn’t know that. Just use it as a knitting bag 🙂
Oh and I have also finished the second bag for the introductory offer on etsy. And I have made a few other ones which are already listed in the shop.