… jumps this project the blog queue.
But I am just so proud that I finally got the trousers project going.
I guess all those Sachensuchershorts have been good preparation.
A year ago, I already had in mind to take the trousers online class at SewOverIt and I finally purchased it, including two patterns, one for a pair of summer “Carrie” trousers and one for the “ultimate” trousers. It is mainly the latter I am curious about. I guess the Carrie, I could have made without an online class.
So, at the beginning of the summer, I did not only purchase said class but also a light woven viscose. In – and now you better sit down – black and white. With small pattern. It was hard work to settle on such a subtle fabric. But then on the other hand there was almost only black and white stuff available. In any case I was really determined to make something that would be easier to match.
I printed the pattern, glued the papers together and even cut out the right size weeks ago. But then the more urgent giant floor covering project came in its way.
We delivered the project on Monday, so I finally had time to make up those Carrie trousers. Just right for this very hot and summery week.
Don’t I look cool with my hands in my pockets? I guess, my grandma would not only disagree but also tell me off.
Revealing pictures, in my position as famous blogger I really need to be up-to-date with my pedicures.
Not very flattering back view. Is it me? Is it the trousers? I guess, I would need something that looks like the Carries from the front but tight jeans from the back. We will see if the “ultimate” trousers are able to deliver. At least they have a promising name.
pattern: Carrie Trousers by SewOverIt, fabric: woven viscose
As a conclusion, I’d say I definitely got what I expected. They are very comfortable and practicable, I tested them on an outing to the zoo. They already got a bit loose, close to dropping. We will have to wait and see how they look after a couple of washes. But I could definitely imagine to make another pair next season. But for now I am working on a set of two trousers for the children. I am worried because they do look tight. They are meant to be slim fitting but maybe I should have gone for a slightly stretchy fabric. I guess I will find out tomorrow.
And now over to RUMS to see what others have achieved this week.
Pingback: The epic trousers project | Atelier Oursonne